The Mighty Southern Drakensberg range forms part of the uKhahlamba Drakensberg Park which was declared a World Heritage Site in November 2000. What makes this declaration so significant is that it met with criteria for both cultural and natural World Heritage properties and has become an attraction for nature lovers and tourists from all....
Cycling is a major attraction in the area, especially mountain biking. The scenery and terrain make for some wonderful rides for all levels of the sport. No matter how fit you are, you will be eagerly stimulated by the ideal biking conditions.
Underberg Accommodation | Southern Drakensberg Accommodation | Underberg Activities | Himeville Accommodation | Southern Drakensberg Information | Underberg Information | Himeville Information
Sani Pass is the only road linking KwaZulu-Natal and the mountain Kingdom of Lesotho, one can arrange an historical, eco-ethnic cultural, “Kingdom to Kingdom” experience through a breath taking trip up the pass with one of the many registered tour guides in the area....
© Southern Drakensberg Information - 2014
The Mountain Echo newspaper, established 1984, is a free community paper servicing the Midlands and Southern Drakensberg areas of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
Paul Welsh, the editor and distibutor, focuses on local news and offerings to everyone in its target area. It is printed and distributed on a monthly basis.
SOUTHERN DRAKENSBERG INFORMATION
UNDERBERG HIMEVILLE COMM WATCH
Community Watch is a membership based, non-profit organization, owned by the community, for the community of Underberg, Himeville and surrounds. We provide a central communication co-ordination service to all our members in the Kwa Sani district and further afield, in the event of Emergency Services, Fire & Disaster Management.
Download the latest copy >
Sani Pass >
Com Watch >
Himeville Museum >
Originally built as a fortified laager, the “Old Fort” in Himeville and was completed in 1900. In 1902 it was taken over by the Natal Mounted Police and was used as a prison until its closure in 1972. Through the efforts of local residents and the local Historical Society, they took over the buildings in 1976 and it became a museum, open ....